The Reserve Bank of Australia has left the interest rates at a record 2.5 pc low with rates cut eight times since November 2011 in a bid to ease the transition to a less mining-dependent economy and prevent too much of a surge in unemployment.
It is my opinion that the rates were left on hold because of the upcoming federal election with voting this Saturday 7th August. So don’t forget to head down to your local voting centre and make your vote count on election day!
Polling places near Sorrento WA 6020
- Sacred Heart College (Moore)Hocking Parade, SORRENTO
- Sorrento Primary School (Moore)Elfreda Ave, SORRENTO
- Hillarys Primary School (Moore)Lymburner Dr, HILLARYS
- South Padbury Primary School (Moore)Warburton Ave, PADBURY
- Marmion Primary School (Moore)Cliverton Ct, MARMION
- Duncraig Primary School (Moore)Roche Rd, DUNCRAIG
- Padbury Primary School (Moore)MacDonald Ave, PADBURY
- St Marks Anglican Community School (Moore)St Mark’s Dr, HILLARYS
- Poynter Primary School (Moore)39 Poynter Dr DUNCRAIG, DUNCRAIG
- Glengarry Primary School (Moore)Doveridge Rd, DUNCRAIG
Not in Sorrento and need to find a polling place near you? Head to the Australian Electoral Commission website and just put in your suburb to find out where you can go.
May the best party win!