It was beautiful morning last Friday when I woke up and went for a walk as usual. On the way back I fetched my mail from mail box, prepared my breakfast of a dried plain pumpkin bread toast, watermelon and a coffeetino (my new invention coffee with froth milk on top) and sat down to eat and open the mail.
I opened the first of the mail and it’s a letter from an insurance Company and I thought “Oh, it must be a renewal for High Street building insurance”.
Now here is what it said!
Dear Mrs Barrett,
Here is 10 Reasons to consider Funeral expenses cover today.
1) Apply before 14th of January 2013 and save money
I read it out loud to Mike and burst out laughing because Mike said “Yes, book now to avoid the rush!” haha and we continued to laugh as we read the 10 reasons.
Here are all the 10 reasons maybe it will give you a laugh too! (Number 5 had us doubled over)
- Apply before 14 January 2013 and save money
- Choose from $3000 and up to $15,000 cover
- Triple benefit pain in the event of accidental death – up to $45,000
- No medical, blood test or health questions
- Guaranteed renewable for life
- 30 day money back guarantee
- Monthly or fortnightly payment options
- Guaranteed inflation protection – to help you cover keep up with inflation
- Free will kit with your policy
- Real Reward – after the first 12 months of your policy, we’ll give you back 10% of the premiums you have paid.
Now I don’t think death is funny and I do think it’s a great idea to think about funeral expenses cover but anyway I woke up to a beautiful day to receive a letter to remind me that I have already a foot in the grave and the other one on a banana peel and I don’t know if I should laugh or cry.